Technical translations are usually so specific that it is only possible to plan them and work out a charge for them if all the parameters are taken into acount.
Therefore, we are rarely able to give an exact price before the translation is carried out. However, we are happy to discuss the translation with you on the telephone or to make you a provisional offer.
The following factors play an important role when we price technical translations:
- Potential for using translation memories and terminology databases for a more efficient translation process
- Nature and complexity of the text to be translated
- Subject area (e.g. technical translations for the mechanical engineering industry)
- Typesetting and layout
- Number, complexity and format of graphics, tables and other formatting involved in the translation
- Cost of software engineering and testing